Present Players: Jaren, Feda, Vincent, Purrcival
This is a bit of a slap-dash post because these sessions basically consisted of the party fighting the main force of ogres stationed at the Fort. It was a long bloody affair, but the party managed to escape triumphant despite some close calls.
- The party rehashes what's happened and reviews old notes to see if they can figure out what the Sihedron rune was doing on people
- Deciding to hunt for more Sihedron tattoos, Purrcival throws on a little comedy skit for the market crowds
- Purrcival afterwards talks to Howard and gets some info about the tattoo. It was a "members-only" tattoo for the Paradise pleasure cruise. The party learns that the Paradise burned and sank around the time Fort Rannick was sacked
- The party heads back to Fort Rannick. Aurelia, Urtar, and Jakardros distracts the Ogres near the gate and a horde of running ogres gives pursuit giving Party B (Vincent, Feda, Jaren, and Purrcival) a chance to enter the "hidden" tunnels
- The party is greeted with an ogre on watch who yells back into the cave to warn the others. Jaren moves to engage after being freshly buffed from Feda.
- Ogres are treating this cave as a slip and slide because they can't roll over a 5 on acrobatics
- Jaren charges the ogre on watch and trades big blows with him. He drops the ogre but takes a big Ogre hook hit from another ogre approaching.
- More Ogres come from the caverns but the majority of them continue to slip as they come into the cavern.
- Jaren continues to throw down with the ogres in the cave as the rest of the party finally conquer the 10 foot climb up
- Purrcival hears a lot of ogres coming from the fort and sees the first of the horde come around the lake
- Ogres are slain left and right.
- Lucrecia shows up with a laugh and welcomes the party back
- They panic a bit
- Blessings of Fervor from Feda lets Purrcival drop an enlarged silence on Lucrecia to stop her buffing
- A blast of AoE spells drops ogres with Rain of Blades and double Holy Word
- Jaren drops a couple of the ogres with criticals, leaving the heroes not so outnumbered
- Lucrecia dimension doors away as Jaren lands a staggering critical hit
- Purrcival slapping hands an ogre nearly to death (0 hp)
- The party finally proclaims victory in the Slip & Slide Cave
- They retreat to the Graul Farm and rest (and level!)
- As the session ends the party hears/feels a rumble and the sound of rushing water. It seems like the rain has finally taken down the damn
Rewards / Loot:
Challenges / Monsters:
- 18 Ogres
- ~5 Ogre Fighters (A few managed to retreat)
- Lucrecia (Retreated via Dimension Door)
End Date: Sarenith 27